Monday, December 30, 2013

Kelly Rowland name "Realest" artiist of 2013 by Yahoo

Our girl Kelly Rowland has been name the realest artist of 2013 by Yahoo. Find out below why the starlet has become one of the most likeable stars of today.

From Yahoo UK:

When Kelly Rowland announced she wouldn't be returning to the British X Factor for the new series, in 2013, I was devastated. She had brought the show to life with her Southern warmth and charismatic energy. However, she might have left the UK but she was gearing up for her best year yet, and on her return to the States, Kelly pulled out all the stops to ensure she became the realist artist of 2013.
Kelly Rowland's reunion performance with Destiny's Child put a spring in her step
The singer kicked off the year with a Super Bowl performance alongside her Destiny's Child 'sisters' Beyoncé and Michelle. The leather and flames is a good look for Kelly and as per usual the group brought the house down, and Kelly shone like the diamond she is.
The performance must have put a spring in her step because in February she released her raunchy track 'Kisses Down Low' before stealing the show at the Grammys in her figure hugging dress. The paneled frock highlighted her feminine curves and her hair and make-up were flawless. But it was Kelly's quiet confidence that helped her really stand out among all the other artists at the event. The same confidence that made her shine when she was in Destiny's Child and has helped her retain the love of legions of loyal fans since going solo.
The stunning outfits kept coming but it wasn't until May when she dropped her track 'Dirty Laundry' that she made it clear that 2013 was the year she would step out of the shadows and into the limelight, not just with her threads but with her music too. In the harrowing song, Kelly revealed that she had been in an abusive relationship with a man that had turned her against her family and Beyoncé. She also admitted that she had been jealous of Beyoncé's success.
"While my sister was on stage killing like a muth ###r. I was enraged feeling it like a muth ##r . Bird in a cage you would never know what I was dealing with. Went our separate ways but I was happy she was killing it. Bittersweet, she was up, I was down. No lie, I feel good for her, but what do I do now? Forget the records, off the record, I was going through some bullsh ##t. Post Survivor, she on fire. Who wanna hear my b#s#t? Meanwhile this n#'ga putting his hands on me, " she sung.
The song was the most heart-felt and real track I had ever heard her sing. It showed off a more vulnerable side of Kelly and was intimate enough for fans to see that even superstars have real problems.
That same month, it was announced she would appear as a judge on the US version of The X Factor. She then toured with The Dream to promote her album; 'Talk a Good Game', which was released in June. Her album sold an impressive 68,000 copies in its first week, and earned her an array of nominations at the World Music Awards.
By September, Kelly was back on the small screen; wrapping Simon Cowell around her little finger, breaking the hearts of young boys, with her beauty, and getting teary as X Factor hopefuls sung like their lives depended on it.
Following her courageous revelations, sparkling album and fabulous appearance on The X Factor it was pretty obvious that Kelly was more comfortable than ever in her own flawless skin, and when she appeared on Arsenio Hall's show she cleared up any speculation that she was still jealous of Beyoncé's success.
"I don't want my sister's path, I don't want nobody else's path. I want my own. But it took me a long time to figure that out. But the rest of the world is telling me something and I'm like hmmm. I had to figure it out on my own, and I like my path. I got a damn good path," she exclaimed.
Kelly Rowland's wedding plans epitomise her quiet confidence
Kelly's final surprise of 2013 came when she appeared on Queen Latifah's show and admitted she was engaged to her manager, Tim Witherspoon, and that they'd been secretly dating for several years.
It is unlikely the wedding will be fanfares and glossy magazine shoots. In fact, she told People magazine it will probably be just her, Tim and the pastor, and, if I am honest, this doesn't surprise me.
Kelly is not the kind of artist who relies on details of her personal life and scandals to keep her current and in the press. She prefers to let the music do the talking, and this year she's used her lyrics and dexterity as a performer to get more intimate than ever with her fans.
She might not be Beyoncé but she doesn't need to be. She has her own talents, her own stunning voice and her own wonderful gifts to share with the world. I am glad she's found her happily ever after. She has had a tough couple of years but she has finally recognised her own worth and she is proof that fans still appreciate honest music.
I've always admired Kelly but in 2013 she took her realness to the next level. Well done Kelly


That's why we love our girl!Sound off below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on posts older than 4 days are reviewed