Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rico Love talks about working with Kelly

Sam (TGJ): The industry is abuzz with what Kelly Rowland is cooking up in the lab for her 3rd studio album. Kelly herself has revealed that you’re overseeing the bulk of the project. What can we expect to hear from the record?

Rico Love: I’m doing my best to challenge her as much as possible vocally and challenge myself as far as my en and writing unbelievable songs. I just want to write the best songs; the biggest songs for her. I feel like everybody knows she’s a star in the group but I feel like she’s a megastar that could stand alone and do great numbers, and be a huge success worldwide. I just want to write and album that reflects that. I feel like people got a glimpse of that when they heard ‘When Love Takes Over’, which she performed amazingly, and when I heard it I said “o my God.” People really had no idea and even when I worked with Michelle [Williams], I feel like I bring out the best vocals in people. I try to bring out the best vocals I can in all the artists that I work with but with Kelly I wanted people to know how much of a powerhouse-league vocalist she is and that she can be. Sometimes it’s hard to get that out in a group, especially when you’re not so much the leader of the group, so now she gets her opportunity. She’s got to get her shot to really shine, and I’m going to help her get that.


TO READ MORE GO TO http://thatgrapejuice.net/2009/12/exclusive-rico-talks-kelly-rowlands-album/

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on posts older than 4 days are reviewed